Spicy chicken stir fry | Dynamite Chicken
Spicy Chicken Fry Recipe - One of the simplest, and of course, the SPICIEST, yet the most delicious Chicken dish recipe with step-by-step instructions. You can have this on your table in no time!
Servings 4 people
Cast Iron Skillet
- 1 lb Chicken Thighs , fat trimmed
- 8 tbsp Coconut Oil* , or any unrefined vegetable or sesame oil
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder or Paprika , (see notes)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder ,(optional but recommended)
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala ,(optional but recommended)
- 1/2 tsp Salt , more if needed
Cut the chicken thighs into thin strips. Put it in a mixng bowl, top it with the ginger garlic paste, salt and egg. Mix it through.
Next add the corn starch and mix it thoroughly to coat. Cover and let it sit for 10 minutes.
Place a 12-inch cast iron skillet or any non stick stkilletyou have. Add the oil to the skillet and let it get hot.
Once the oil is hot, turn down the heat to low-medium. Using a tongs place the marinated chicken strips in the skillet. It is ok to crowd it.
Cook ihe chicken strips for 5 minutes and then flip each and every strip over to the other side and let it cook for 5 more minutes.
One the coating on the chicken has begun to brown push the chicken strips to a side. Add the spice powders and salt to the skillet where there is oil.
Stir the spice powders in the oil and then continue to stri to coat the chicken. Once it is coated, let it cook for few more minutes and remove the skillet from flame.
Use tong to remove the strips from the skillet simultaneously dripping the oil. Serve it hot!
- This recipe serves 4-6 people. The nutrition facts were calculated for 4 servings.
- Oil: The battered chicken has to be shallow-fried, hence you need 8 tbsp of oil. Once you've cooked the dish you can remove excess oil by removing the chicken strips from it.
- Corn Starch: Do not use anymore or any less corn starch. Any less will result in an improper coat. Any more will result in a thick coat which will prevent the flavor of chili powder from getting in.
- KETO DIET: This dish is naturally low in carb with only 2.6g of carbs. You can choose to skip or reduce the amount of corn starch from this. For a keto spicy chicken fry recipe, use coconut oil.
- Storing: This spicy chicken fry stays good in the freezer for up to a month and in the refrigerator for a day. But I would advise to use frozen chicken and make it afresh whenever you want.
- Serve it as an appetizer in a meal or as a main course for keto diet with some veggies on the side. You can also roll it up in a flour taco or use it in burgers.
Serving: 1serving | Sodium: 186.6mg | Potassium: 15.2mg | Cholesterol: 156.7mg | Calories: 412kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 2.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.7g | Saturated Fat: 23.9g | Fat: 33g | Protein: 25.6g | Carbohydrates: 2.6g